Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Day 7

So today I am one week post op! It is so crazy that the time is flying by so fast! Today was such a good day! I woke up to notice that my swelling had significantly gone down.

I am starting to get concerned with the sharpness of my chin. I hope it is just swollen still and my jawline will start to show soon, and it will soften. I don't know how much longer I can deal with the splint in my mouth. It is getting on my last nerve. Tonight at dinner with my family I started laughing, but I got scared I was going to pop one of my stitches! Has anyone else had this problem? 

And this might sound weird but I am afraid to yawn because I don't want to hurt my jaw.....

My stepmom and I are going to get our hair done on friday and I absolutely can't wait! I feel like my hair has gotten so thin! 

I have currently lost about 9 lbs. :(




2 comments:

  1. Hi Molly! I just stumbled upon your page through Dani's. Congrats on your surgery and welcome!

    You are looking fantastic! I would not worry about your chin yet because, as you can see from mine and Dani's recovery, we have worried about our lips and our chins and now both are looking quite normal to us and we're getting happier every day. It will seem like the swelling won't budge and then one day it will and a better jawline will be revealed, I promise!

    I did not have a splint so I totally sympathize for you. I hear they are awful. I was scared to laugh though! That eventually goes away! I am 6 weeks now and feel okay to laugh since at least the 4 week mark. But yes, those first weeks, I felt like my whole face was going to pop if I laughed too hard. So, stay away from funny people! Kidding! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha thank you!! I can't see your blog for some reason. It says it's private.

    ReplyDelete