Tuesday, June 14, 2011

The Big Day!

So tomorrow is the big day!! I have to be at the hospital at 4:30 and my surgery is at 7. I am the first case of the day and my surgery should last about 3 hours. I am feeling very nervous and excited too! 
I have been waiting for forever for this surgery and now it's finally here! I will be in the hospital until Thursday afternoon or Friday morning, depending on how I'm feeling. So my next post probably won't be until Friday afternoon.


I had my pre-op appointment today with my OS. He basically just explained what he is going to be doing. He will be rotating the back of my top jaw up and moving my bottom jaw forward just a little bit. He will also be doing a genioplasty and a septoplasty. 
He showed me the models of my teeth and he said that my OD has done a great job at setting my teeth up for surgery and that they will almost be perfectly aligned where they need to be when he gets done moving my jaws! Which is great news!! 


I know that I have a pretty hard recovery ahead of me but I can't wait to see the outcome! and I know that it will all be worth it! 

3 comments:

  1. I see now you mentioned having your lower jaw moved slightly. looks like I'll be having pretty much the same procedure as you (although with a bit more movement!). my OS is only doing a conservative septoplasty on me although I have a severely deviated septum. If I will need more I'll have to wait until I've healed from jaw surgery (and then have it performed by an ENT).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a deviated septum as well from a previous broken nose. And he also cleaned out all my sinus cavities. Having the septoplasty was the best decision I made. I didn't realize how bad my breathing was until now. I breathe soooo much easier!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Molly im new to this blogging i see you r in Alabama me too what part? I will have jaw surgery too nxt month. How do u like your new look? U can email me @kristiec35@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete