Thursday, June 9, 2011

1 week before my surgery

My name is Molly and I am from Alabama. I found out last August that I would need to have surgery to fix my bite. I have lots of headaches and TMJ problems. I have had my braces on since September of 2010. My surgery is scheduled for next Wednesday June 15th 2011. I had braces the first time when I was about 14. I had them for about 2 years. It fixed my bite for awhile but unfortunately it was not a permanent fix. Therefore, now I have to have surgery to fix it.


This week before surgery I went and had my teeth cleaned and got all my final blood work done and my orthodontist put my surgical hooks on. I must say they are a pain. They are rubbing my mouth raw. I got on Thursday, June 14 for my last pre-op appointment. This is where the oral surgeon, Dr. Kahn, will show me a computer image of what I should look like after surgery! I can't wait to see it! 


I am feeling lots of emotions about my upcoming surgery. I am excited, nervous, anxious and scared. Here are a couple of pictures before surgery, sorry I am looking a little rough I have no make up on. I am having a Le Fort I osteotomy, septoplasty and a genioplasty. If you have any questions feel free to ask! I will try and update as much as possible.



2 comments:

  1. Molly, was only the upper jaw moved or also the lower? I'm also having a le fort 1, septo, genio but i'm also having a mandibular advancement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Molly! I just stumbled across your blog. You look fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete