Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Day 5!

Sorry I didn't get around to making a post yesterday so I will just do one this morning and one later tonight. Yesterday was a good day. It seems like each day gets better and better. I went and saw my OS yesterday, and he was so impressed with how I was doing. He said that I'm doing better than 99% of people who go through this. He took my chin bandage off and I must say, even though my face is very swollen I am very happy with how everything looks so far. 


Last night my boyfriend came and picked me up and took me to have dinner with his family. I'm not very comfortable going out in public yet and its still very hard to talk. So I was hoping we would just hangout at his house, but nope they wanted to go out to eat. So I had to go and sit there and watch everybody eat. But I know I needed to get out of the house. 


I didn't realize how much energy I used trying to talk! Talking just wears me out and my jaw starts hurting. So hopefully today I can just lay low and rest my jaw. 


As you can see the bruising is starting to set in.
My family and I are going to the beach in about a week and a half and I'm hoping that I will look almost normal. I will be about 2 and a half weeks post op when we go. 





1 comment:

  1. I can't believe you went out in public at Day 5! That's so awesome! I didn't venture out until like 2 weeks post op. And especially seeing your boyfriends family. I avoided that until like a month post-op... I felt so weird seeing people!

    ReplyDelete