Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Day 28- 1 month post-op

I can't believe I am a month post-op. It seems like just yesterday that I had surgery. I am so happy to be on this side of the surgery. I will be getting my splint out in a week :)  It seems like everyday I get more and more aggravated with my splint. I want so badly to be able to chew and be normal again. It seems like I am getting to the point where nothing that I can eat seems appetizing. 


My lips still burn. I guess I am addicted to chapstick/ vaseline now. I hope it doesn't stay this way. My stitches are still quite annoying. They seem to make moving my lips a little difficult because it feels stiff. As anyone else had this problem? and know when I can expect this feeling to go away? It seems like my stiffness everywhere else is getting better everyday. The right half of my bottom lip is still very numb. Oh and the roof of my mouth is still sore. But hopefully this will go away when I get my splint off and can chew. My teeth are sore too. I think my mouth is telling me that it is time for this splint to get out. 


I start back work next Saturday. I am kind of excited to see all my co-workers again. I haven't seen any of them since before my surgery. I am glad I took the extra time off work and was able to enjoy my summer a little bit. I am going to the lake this weekend one last time before I become consumed with work and school again. 


I compare my pictures every time I take new ones, and sometimes I feel like the swelling increases from day to day. Like comparing today's pictures to yesterday's pictures. I feel like I look more swollen today. That is kind of frustrating. I take all my pictures at night so I assume the swelling would go down from morning to night. ugh. 


Here is a picture of my splint just in case anybody is curious.






2 comments:

  1. There will always be some days you're more swollen than others, so it's nothing to worry about. If you spend all day up and moving around, your swelling may be less than if you spent most of the day lounging around watching movies. I can 100% relate to how you're feeling about the splint. It got the point that I felt if I could get the splint out, everything would be SO much better and I would be much closer to 'normal'. My splint was a bit different than yours, but it took me a few days after the splint was out to feel better. The stiffness started to noticeably go away for me starting around one month post-op, so every day you should feel better and better. I have no noticeable stiffness when I wake up anymore, I feel pretty much the same throughout the day. Congrats on 1 month post-op! It really does feel like it was so much more recently than that when we were fb messaging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once the splint was out, I found that chewing was actually possible. My mouth also felt like there was way more space in there too. It still took a few days before I was eating things though.
    Even though my stitches have fallen out the area of stitches make me teethe like crazy now! I guess the healing process is pretty weird.

    1 month is a great milestone. Congrats

    ReplyDelete