Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Finally the end is near!

After being in braces 2 times..... 2 years the first time, and 1 year tomorrow for the 2nd time! I have finally reached the end of my journey! I will be getting my braces off for the last time on October 19th!!! 


Originally he had told me 4 weeks, but since my 22nd birthday is on the 21st of October, I asked him if he could do it a week early. And he was like of course!!! 


He was so impressed with my teeth and said there was absolutely nothing else to do to them! He did put a power chain on top and bottom and I am continuing the same elastic configuration. I assume this is just to make sure my teeth don't decide to move before I get my retainer.


 I am so excited! 3 weeks is going to seem like a lifetime!! This experience has been absolutely amazing and I wouldn't change a single thing about it. I hope that those of you who have just started this journey will find my blog helpful. I know that I still enjoy looking at other people's blogs just to see their before and afters. 


My teeth are absolutely killing me right now, but I know that I won't have much longer of that! I see my oral surgeon on Monday and I can't wait to see what he has to say and tell him the good news!!! 


No pictures unfortunately at this time. I just haven't had time, hopefully I will get a chance to do some before I get my braces of and then of course I will do some after so I can show off my new pearly whites! 




And for anyone who is curious about the price, my surgery was just over $75,000. I had a Lefort 1 osteotomy, septoplasty, and genioplasty (which we had to pay $1,500 for out of pocket).

3 comments:

  1. Congrats! Can't wait to see pics of your debraced birthday pearly white teeth!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! I am getting my braces off 4 days later! and I can completely relate.. 3 weeks seems like it's FOREVER away! I am so antsy and excited :) Good luck lady! post some pics once their off!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am having a lefort 1 oseotomy soon and I was wondering if your medical insurance covered your surgery and if so did you have to do anything to convince them to pay?

    ReplyDelete