Wednesday, August 17, 2011

9 weeks post-op

I know I haven't posted in a while but I have been keeping up with everyone else! 
I thought I would update on my visit with my ortho today. Basically he said everything was beautiful. He had originally told me that I would have to wear my braces until December, but my oral surgeon told me that he didn't think that I would need them that long. So today I asked my ortho what he thought. He said he definitely didn't think I would need them until December!! which made me so happy! but what made me happier was...... that he said when I come back in 6 weeks if everything looks perfect then he will go ahead and take impressions that day for my retainer! I am so excited!!! So I am hoping to have my braced off by October, but he told me to aim for November so I wouldn't get my hopes up. But it just seems like since I had the surgery that everything has gone perfectly, better than we could have ever imagined, so I would really like to hope that next time I go in he will tell me everything is perfect! I just had to let everyone know that because it absolutely made my day! 


Oh and he put a power chain on my top teeth to make everything move a little faster, it is not so comfortable and I am continuing the same elastic configuration that he gave me last time. It is a square around my back teeth. 


I am pretty much eating anything I want, except hard crusts and chips are a little difficult. I have finally gotten used to my new bite which makes eating so much easier. All the numbness has pretty much gone. The tip of my nose is still a little bit numb and I feel like I still have some swelling in my cheeks. 


I hope that everyone is doing well! I don't have pictures to post today but I will definitely try and get some posted tomorrow!!! 

2 comments:

  1. Molly,

    WOW! Congrats on the good news. Your progress is going awesome! I'm so glad to hear that things have been going smoothly for you. Can't wait to see those brace-free pics!

    --Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooo exciting! Cannot wait to see your pics of your unbraced pearly whites!

    ReplyDelete